Apoquel tablets 16 mg (sold per tablet) Prescription required
Special Price $2.90 $3.40
What is Apoquel? Apoquel is used to treat and control itching and inflammation in dogs resulting from a variety of causes, including flea allergy, food allergy, contact allergy and atopic dermatitis. Apoquel delivers onset of relief within 4 hours. It effectively controls itching within 24 hours. Apoquel requires a prescription from your veterinarian, and is sold per tablet.
* Prescription Animal Remedy (PAR) Class 1. For use under the authority or prescription of a veterinarian. Registered pursuant to the ACVM Act 1997
- Provides onset of relief within 4 hours
- Effectively controls itch within 24 hours
- Safe for short term and long term usage
- Can be used along with many other common medications, including parasiticides, antibiotics, and vaccines
- Uniquely targeted to stop the itch with minimal negative impact on immune function
- Controls pruritus associated with allergic dermatitis and controls atopic dermatitis
- Sold per tablet
The active substance in Apoquel, oclacitinib, is an immunomodulator (a medicine that changes the activity of the immune system) that works by blocking the action of enzymes known as Janus kinases.
These enzymes play an important role in the processes of inflammation and itchiness including those involved in allergic dermatitis and atopic dermatitis in dogs. By blocking the enzymes,
Apoquel reduces the inflammation and itchiness associated with the disease.
Precautions Apoquel is not for use in breeding dogs, or pregnant or lactating females.
Dogs taking Apoquel should be monitored for the development of infections.
Write Your Own Review